Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter celebration

This Easter was very special as it was the first that Isaac could start to understand the traditions of the holiday. He couldn't totally grasp the reason we celebrate Easter, but I loved hearing him say "Jesus is risen!" after I told him to say "He is risen!".

We had our first egg dyeing experience with Isaac this year, and it was a huge success. He absolutely loved it! It was worth every bit of mess (which wasn't as bad as I thought it might be). He started off throwing the eggs into the cups, but we quickly showed him how to place them gently into the cups. He loved checking the color and putting stickers on them when they were dry.




The Easter bunny came and brought a basket full of goodies. I tend to go light on Easter baskets because I know Rodney's mom goes overboard. Isaac got a new Buzz Lightyear, some toys for his sandbox, bubbles, a reusable sticker pad, and eggs filled with goldfish crackers, yogurt covered raisins, and bouncy balls.



We didn't have much time to play with the basket goodies because it was time to get ready for early church. It was rainy before church so we didn't get any pictures (plus we didn't have much time), so I tried to get a few when we got home. Unfortunately it was windy and Isaac was hungry and not very cooperative. I took what I could get.



Isaac also got to participate in his first official Easter egg hunt at our church on Saturday. The pictures aren't that great from that so I'll skip them, but he had a good time. I love that he's getting old enough to really enjoy some of these activities.

One final picture from yesterday of me and my basketball belly.


You can't exactly see the bottom of my belly under my hand, but please take note of how low it is. I always carried Isaac low but I think this one may be even lower. Aside from some very low kicks I don't really feel like he's that low, but I'm sure I'll feel it more later.

1 comments:

Kayla said...

looks like you had a great Easter! and you look as
awesome! cute dress too!