Friday, April 19, 2013

busy weekend

We actually had quite the busy, productive weekend. I must document it before the next weekend rolls around.

Friday Isaac and I went shopping with my mom. She bought him several clothes for spring and summer, me some maternity clothes, and a couple of new sleepers for the baby. Isaac woke up pretty early that morning so he was a little crankier than normal, and it didn't help that he was stuck in a carseat or stroller most of the morning, got a late lunch, and got a 30 minute car nap on the way home. Nana spoiled him by letting him take his first ride on one of those mechanical cars found in malls and shopping centers. He was thrilled to just sit in it and had no clue that it moved, but his face was priceless when he discovered the joy of it moving.


Saturday morning we started work on filling in the hole where the french doors were in the third bedroom. Isaac loved having Papaw and Scott there to help. He idolizes Rodney's dad, so if Papaw was hammering, Isaac wanted to use a hammer too.


IMG 0939[1] from Simply Me on Vimeo.


In less than 3 hours the wall went from this


to this

I was so happy just to get the project started. Scott has been back 2 more times this week and hopefully will come back tonight and finish and then it will be ready to paint.

Saturday evening I thought I was coming down with the same stomach bug Rodney had last week. We were supposed to keep the nursery during church on Sunday, so we called the coordinator to let her know we wouldn't make it and decided to make Sunday a rest day. Isaac spent Saturday night with Rodney's parents to stay away from the sickness as much as possible. It turns out my thing Saturday was an isolated incident, either a tiny touch of what R had or just pregnancy messing up my system.

Sunday morning we slept in until 8:20 (absolutely unheard of!) and watched the 8:30 church service online in bed. We finally got up and had a little bit of breakfast, then started working around the house. Rodney has not wanted to work on the weekends with the stress of tax season (and I don't blame him), but with the weight of tax season over and Isaac out of the house, it was the perfect day to get some work done. Rodney put together a new shelving unit for Isaac's room and rearranged the furniture for me. I love it. It will be a much better setup than what we had.



Then I somehow got Rodney to work on the garage with me. We didn't really throw away too much, but we did do some major shuffling and reorganizing to make room for new things that need to come out of the third bedroom. I was the happiest wife on the planet by lunchtime, and Rodney got the rest of the afternoon to relax.

This weekend will be spent choosing paint colors and shopping for furniture for Isaac's room. Sherwin Williams is having a 40% off sale so we'll be buying paint for 3 rooms, but the problem is I'm still not 100% sure what color we're using in any room. I hate choosing paint colors.


0 comments: