It's no secret that I spend a lot of time on my computer, whether I'm surfing the internet or working on my digital scrapbooking. I love finding shortcuts to help me in my daily computer usage. This week I stumbled upon 2 new shortcuts that will help me tremendously. You may not know about them either, so I'm sharing them with you.
Delicious - I'm a bookmarkaholic. If I find something I like online, I'll add it to my bookmarks and go back to it later (and sometimes I never go back to it). I use the bookmarks on my Google toolbar, and lately they have become pretty cluttered. Delicious is a way to store and organize all of your bookmarks in a seperate place. I downloaded the toolbar button for my browser and now when I want to save a link, I click the button and tell Delicious how to organize it. You can add multiple tags for each link, for those that fit in more than one category. It has been great to de-clutter my Google bookmarks and know that those less-used links are still saved for later use.
My second shortcut involves my mouse. Almost every time I click on a link, I will right-click and open in a new tab. Rodney mentioned to me the other day that he bought a new mouse for his laptop that will open a new window when you click on the scroll wheel in the middle. I tried it on my own mouse today on a whim, and it opened the link in a new tab! It may not seem like a big deal, it just saves a second or two, but I thought it was pretty neat.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
new discoveries
Posted by Julie at 9:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment