I once thought that the Harry Potter book series was just for kids. I didn't understand the allure of a magical world. On my 21st birthday, my best friend gave me a box set of the first 4 Harry Potter books, along with her copy of the first one. She told me to read her copy and if I didn't like it, I could take the set back and get whatever I wanted. I opened her book and read a couple of chapters and just couldn't get into it.
About 9 months later, I decided to try again, and I'm so glad I did.
I fell in love with the story and became so engrossed with it, like many other HP readers. I have such respect for J.K. Rowling, how she tied everything together through 7 books. I have read each of the books at least twice, except for the final book, which I quickly devoured as soon as it was released in July 2007. I recently decided to start back at 1 and read through them all again. In doing this, I realized exactly how fast I had read the last one and it was almost like reading it for the first time all over again. I just love the whole story and Rowling's writing.
If you have only seen the movie and not read the books, I encourage you to read the series. It is definitely not a children's story and the books are soooooo much better than the movies.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I'm a Harry Potter nerd
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I too, picked it up once, couldn't get into it...then tried it again and was instantly hooked! I want to start reading them again, but I want/need to start Twilight before the movie comes out!
Post a Comment