We're just hanging out around here, living it up in our final days as a family of three. Yeah, not really. Life is going on like normal.
My birthday was Monday (the big 3-0!) and it was a totally normal day around here. Isaac and I met Rodney for lunch and did our usual Monday thing, Rodney mowed the yard when he got home from work, we had dinner and played with Isaac, and Rodney worked out after we put Isaac to bed. Boring. I guess that's what happens when you get older. To be fair, we did have a nice date day on Saturday while my mom was here with Isaac. I chose an ipad mini as my birthday present and I am in love with it! I've had a Kindle Fire (non-HD) for a couple of years and while I used it occasionally, I never really loved it.
In other big purchase news, we finally broke down and got a tv for our bedroom after (ironically) exactly one year of no tv in the bedroom. When we moved last year, we had 2 main reasons for taking the tv out of our bedroom: 1) We would have to buy a new one since the old one wouldn't fit in the new room, and 2) We would need to get a new Directv receiver since we were putting the one from the old bedroom upstairs in the playroom. For those reasons, we decided to try life without a tv in the bedroom. I had a hard time adjusting at first and there were a few months where I would often talk about how much I would love to lounge in bed and watch tv. I eventually got over it (for the most part), but about a month ago Rodney started talking seriously about buying a small tv for the bedroom. It didn't take much to convince me, and we decided to just move the upstairs receiver into the bedroom because it rarely/never gets used anymore. Totally by coincidence, we bought and hooked up the bedroom tv one year to the day that we moved in this house.
I finally set up the big baby gear this week, namely the pack n' play and swing. This house with its open floor plan doesn't quite fit the big stuff the same way our old house did and it just feels in the way, but we're adjusting. I set one up while Isaac was at school and the other while he was napping and he barely paid attention to either of them. I did catch him trying to climb into the swing once, but I quickly put a stop to that. So far a stuffed Goofy has been serving as a baby placeholder.
I can't decide if I want to stay busy this weekend to make it fly by or if I want to have 2 laid-back relaxed days before the real craziness begins. I know there are several last minute items we need to pick up and some final cleaning projects I want to complete, but other than that we plan on having a nice family breakfast on Saturday, going to church on Sunday, and we'll see what happens in between.

1 comments:
Thinking about you, Mama! Can't wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment