Wednesday, July 17, 2013

house updates - office

When we bought the house almost one year ago, the third bedroom had a regular door and a set of French doors, more like an office than a bedroom. We knew we would eventually have to put up a wall there when we needed it for a bedroom.

We finally got the process started in April, when we started thinking about making that room Isaac's bedroom. The first step was to hire someone to do the drywall. Rodney and his dad originally thought they could it themselves, and they could, but they found a friend of his dad's who would do it for a very reasonable price (and needed some work), so they let him handle it instead of dealing with it themselves.

Before:


I couldn't find an in-between shot, so here is the after with the new paint color.





We knew it would be nearly impossible to match the color to the existing paint color, so we tried to find one that was enough contrast to the rest of the area but still had the same undertones so it blended nicely. I hate choosing paint colors, but I'm pretty happy with what we ended up with. The color is Warm Stone by Sherwin-Williams. It is a nice gray-brown that is much darker than I have ever chosen before, but this room is flooded with light so I had no reservations about how dark it was. We also did the small hall area around the boys' bedrooms, bathroom, and linen closet. 

We painted at the end of May, but I'm just now posting because Rodney finally got the baseboards replaced last weekend. And he only got them done then because we were having company over and I pushed him hard. A couple of the walls could still use some decoration, but that will come in time. It's not a priority right now. I'm just glad to have one color in the room with baseboards and not a patched up hole.

I can't believe we're coming up on our one year anniversary in this house. It's one of those weird things where it feels like you've been here forever, but also like you moved in 2 months ago. Regardless of the time period, it feels like home and we can't wait to bring home another family member soon. Nursery pics are next if I can ever get all the details finished!



0 comments: