Tuesday, July 16, 2013

impatient

Yesterday was an interesting day. We got news mid-afternoon that one of our good friends was in labor. She was due 9 days before me. We've gone through this whole pregnancy together and she hasn't had the easiest time, so I was very happy she was getting ready to meet her baby. Right after the excitement hit me, a little bit of jealousy crept in. Followed by a little more. I want to meet my baby. I want to not be pregnant anymore. It really put me in a weird mood.

I decided to stay busy and get myself and Isaac out of the house, but within just a few minutes I was reminded of how miserable I am by my aching back. My body feels so heavy, especially my front. I'm so confused about why I feel so bad (other than being almost 9 months pregnant). I started out lighter than with Isaac's pregnancy and I've gained less weight than last time too. I didn't get a chance to be too active this time because of the placenta previa diagnosis, but I feel like I started out in better shape this time.

I've decided to spend the next 13 days staying as busy as possible, finishing every last detail that needs to be done (and doesn't really need to be done) before this baby arrives, along with enjoying my time with Isaac. My birthday is next week, which is something fun to look forward to, but after that it may be the longest week of my life.

We finally got the update that the baby had been born last night (along with an adorable picture). I was getting Isaac dressed for school this morning and told him, "Did you know Jessica had her baby last night?" He said to me, "I want to have our baby!" Me too, buddy. Me too.

1 comments:

kari said...

I found pregnancy harder the second time around too. Hang in there, Mama!