Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving went well this year, the second year in a row we squished everyone into our small house. Really, I don't think of our house as being that small, it's just that we have a traditional "closed" floor plan that makes it seem smaller since all the rooms are closed off to each other. Anyway, no one seems to mind the close quarters, so we may continue having Thanksgiving at our house.
We cooked our first turkey this year. Or I should say...Rodney cooked his first turkey this year. Last year we used a frozen Jennie-O turkey that we popped in the oven frozen. It was the easiest thing ever...and so yummy...and a little expensive. This year mom got a free turkey through work, so we got to experience the joys of defrosting and cooking a real bird.

Of course I love spending time with family around the holidays. This is my aunt, cousin, and 2nd cousin, 3 of the lovely ladies I will be taking my next cruise with in just a few months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Congrats on a successful Thanksgiving.

PS we have cat hair all over our curtains, too!

Mindy said...

Congrats on cooking your first turkey! I love hosting things at our house for family. :)