Monday, December 7, 2009

O snowy Christmas tree

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is our annual trip to the tree farm with my family. Unfortunately, my brother now works on the weekends, so he and my SIL and nephew went with my parents on Friday, and my parents went back with us on Saturday. Have I mentioned how great my parents are?

It just so happened that Saturday was the first snow of the year. We don't usually get much snow around here, so when it does come, it's a big deal. The tree farm we visit is a higher elevation than my parents' house, so we were excited to see lots of snow when we got there. It was so peaceful up there surrounded by trees and snow...and that's it. I've traveled a little and have seen some pretty amazing sites, but this was one of the most beautiful, peaceful things I have seen and experienced.




We chose quickly and settled on a smaller tree than normal, but I love it just the same.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a beautiful place!!! We got a little bit of snow on Satrday, it didn't stick though. :(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day to pick your tree out!