Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas recap

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, both with family and at home by ourselves. Rodney and I have started our own Christmas Eve and Christmas morning traditions that I hope to continue for many years to come.

We spent the afternoon of Christmas Eve with my parents and mom's side of the family. My nephew Corbin is 2 1/2 years old now and this is the first Christmas that he has really been excited about. He's hilarious every day of the year, but I laughed so hard watching him open his presents. Christmas is beautiful through the eyes of a child. These are my favorite pictures of the day. As you can tell, he was overjoyed to receive this Buzz Lightyear plate.

This boy loves his milk and the sippy cup is never far from his hand, so this chair with a cupholder was perfect for him.

I ordered superhero capes from Etsy seller babypop, which were a huge hit! Corbin seemed pretty excited about his, and Olivia didn't take hers off until she left.We came home that night, watched A Charlie Brown Christmas, and went to bed. The next morning, presents and stockings! I did get a new strap for my camera, but not one of the ones I asked for opinions on a few weeks ago. I decided on the green damask strap but by the time I went to order it, it was gone. So I chose a nice striped one instead.

Rodney bought me an external hard drive so I can put all of my pictures and digital scrapbook materials on it and stop clogging up the laptop hard drive. I love it!


This next picture has become famous in our family after I posted it on facebook. Rodney was...um...a little excited about receiving the new Tiger Woods golf for the Wii. He will tell you his reaction was mostly dramatized, but I say it was mostly real, slightly dramatized. I love the look on Zeus's face.We spent the next few days visiting with Rodney's parents and his mom's family, then back to my brother's house for our annual Christmas visit with friends from out of town. Up next...some pretty awesome plans for New Year's Eve!

And maybe I'll try to finish my cruise recap by the end of the year.


1 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the expression on Rodney's face!!! That is priceless!! I am glad you guys had a Merry Christmas!!