Tuesday, December 8, 2009

favorite ornaments

This year R and I have 2 Christmas trees in our living room. I know lots of people have more than one tree, but in the same room? We say...why not? The living room is where we spend most of our time, so this way we are able to enjoy both.

Our first tree is a tall, skinny tree that my mom bought for me when I lived in an apartment. R and I use it as our "theme tree". It is decorated in shades of blue, silver, and white.

Our main tree is filled with ornaments that we have collected over the years, ornaments that mean something to us. Some of these I have had since I was a teenager.

Here are a few of my favorites:

1. I think this is the only ornament Rodney brought into our marriage. This was his ornament as a child. If you can't read it, the shirt says Rodney. Rodney the Reindeer.

2. Rodney bought this beautiful Lenox ornament for us last year to commemorate our wedding. Last year was our first Christmas as husband and wife, even though we had been married for over 11 months.

3. Sophie :)

4. Zeus :)

5. A special memory of our first Christmas together and the beginning of R buying an ornament every year.

6. Our nephew Corbin made this for us last year. My mom still hangs ornaments that my brother and I made as kids, and I have a feeling this ornament will be found on our tree for many years to come.

I just realized as I was writing this that Cash is not represented on our tree! I'll have to work on changing that soon.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Love it! I can't wait to get our tree up so I can take pictures of our special ornaments! I love that you have a themed tree, in our new house I am definitely going to do that.

Anonymous said...

Your trees look great!

P.S. I use Shutterfly, too. I decided to try Blurb for the book because I had heard good things. I'm glad I did bc aside from the one issue I had I thought the quality was really good.