Friday, May 1, 2009

Photo Friday...welcome to our "gym"

Since today is Photo Friday, and since I gave you a tour of my craft room not too long ago, I figured I would show you the room I have been spending more time in recently...our "gym".

Our house has 3 bedrooms. One is the master, plus 2 other normal bedrooms, plus an extra room beside the living room that we use as the office/craft room. It was once part of the original living room but when renovations were done in the 90's they moved the wall, creating a smaller LR and a small extra room. One of our other bedrooms is used as a "guest room", even though we have yet to have a guest stay there. {It also serves as a room to put the extra junk that has no other good resting place.} The third bedroom is our "gym". R's cousin, her husband, and child lived here before us, and this was the daughter's bedroom. Since we're only renting, we see no reason to paint the walls in this room. Let's begin...
As you can see, this is where we keep Cash's ginormous crate. You see, when we brought our sweet little mixed breed puppy home, we had no idea how big he would be. We expected him to grow quite a bit, so we bought an extra large crate, thinking it would be nice and spacious even if he wasn't quite that big. Sometimes I regret that decision. He has a large crate at my parents' house that he fits in just fine.

We keep the door to this room closed when we're not using it so we don't have to worry about laying on a carpet covered in cat hair while we're doing crunches or sticking our nose in cat hair doing push-ups. This makes the cats even more curious and excited when the door is open. I teased Sophie by putting her in the crate for a few minutes, but she didn't find it as funny as I did.
This is the elliptical machine that I bought with my tax refund one year when I was single. Sadly, I didn't use it as much as I thought I would, but I'm still glad to have it.
The clock has been stuck on 10:44 for several months now. The battery is dead and I don't feel a strong urge to replace it.


This is R's mom's bike that she was loaning to use but somehow doesn't seem to care that she still hasn't gotten it back. We're ok with that.

Also notice R's chin-up bar that he screwed into the door frame. It's just lovely.

This Rodney's corner, filled with everything that he needs and some things that he doesn't. That's his basketball jersey hanging up to remind him he needs to be in shape for basketball season...next year.

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are not exactly what I want covering the walls of my house, but sometimes it makes me happy to look up and see them when I'm slaving away with Jillian.

0 comments: