I really meant to write up a Memorial Day weekend recap but somehow that didn't happen. Better late than never, right?
and our garden.

We had a pretty relaxing weekend. Rodney is gone a lot during the middle and end of May helping his dad mow, rake, and put up hay. They usually devote a lot of time to this on Memorial Day weekend, but somehow I got my man all to myself this year. Well, sort of.
My parents came over Sunday afternoon for a small cookout. Rodney is becoming quite the grill master.


Monday we went to his parents' house for another cookout, this time with BBQ chicken, steaks, and enough food to feed a small army.

After dinner we drove around the farm and checked on the cows
I say our garden but really we'll just eat what grows in it. R's mom and dad have done all the work so far, but I'm sure we'll be called upon to help soon. The one thing R and I requested to plant was pumpkins. We love carving pumpkins at Halloween so we thought we would try to grow our own this year. If they don't come up, oh well. So far we have 2 that are trying to do their thing.
Other than grilling and eating, we spent our weekend playing Lego Batman and Punch Out on the Wii. A great time was had by all.
0 comments:
Post a Comment