- We went to the City this weekend for my nephew's birthday party. He'll be 2 tomorrow. It rained all day but finally stopped right before the party. We were under a pavillion, but it was a lot nicer without the rain.
- I got my hair cut! For over 10 years now, I have gone through phases where I wear my hair long, then cut it short, then let it grow for a year or more, then cut it short again. I got my hair cut last January after the wedding, then again in September, now it's short again. I like it both ways, but my mom makes it very clear that she likes it better shorter. Rodney doesn't give a strong opinion either way. He's a smart man.
Here's a picture from last month when we dyed Easter eggs. (We were testing out our new remote for the camera)And a picture from yesterday:
(We used to take pictures like this all the time where we held the camera out and took the picture ourselves, but it terrifies me to hold my big beautiful camera like that now and R refuses to do it!)
- My mother saw me holding my 3-month-old cousin yesterday at the birthday party and said, "Hey, that looks pretty good!" She's been pushing for grandchildren since before my brother and I were even married. The statement about how she was so excited for grandchildren was always followed by, "But I can wait!" Now that we're both married and she has one 2-year-old grandchild, she's ready for more. I told her she would at least have to wait until November when we go on our cruise and that I wasn't interested in cruising the Caribbean pregnant, to which she responded, "November sounds like a good month to try!"
- I did day 5 of the Shred today. I feel like it's getting easier, and my motivation is not fading. R tells me every day how proud of me he is and that helps so much. Today he told me he had never seen me this serious before. I told him "never been so fat = never been so serious". Trying on those shorts last week was exactly what I needed to get me going. I've decided to put those in the workout room so I can look at my goal every day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment