Rodney always get one free vacation day after tax season and we usually use that day to take a 3-day weekend to our favorite getaway spot, Asheville, NC. This year we decided to keep it low-key and make it a family day at the zoo.
Isaac has only been to the zoo one time, on his first birthday, so we knew this experience would be different and hopefully much more enjoyable for him. I hoped that me being only 25 weeks pregnant would not be so bad on me, but I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day.
We arrived at the zoo about 10 minutes after it opened. We hoped to avoid large groups of field trip kids since that was the week of Tennessee's state standardized testing, but we actually did encounter several groups of pre-K and kindergarten students who were not part of the testing. It wasn't too bad once we got spread out and separated from them. Isaac did love watching the big kids, though.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Zoo trip
I post this next picture simply because it's real life. We were taking a snack/rest break and I wanted Rodney to get a picture of me and Isaac (as the mom, I'm never in the pictures unless I ask). He was not following my directions, and he caught this face. Real life, folks. (and yes, I was sneaking a few pretzels too)
Isaac went on his first carousel ride and he loved it, and I was horrible at catching them as they came around. This is the best pic I got.
We had a great day and followed up the zoo trip with a visit to the park to play with friends. Isaac and I regularly go to the park but he loved having daddy there to play too.
Posted by Julie at 9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment