I am so excited to finally show you what baby Bruce's* nursery looks like! It's not 100% finished, but close enough.
*In case you missed it, Bruce is not baby boy's real name, just his nickname until we reveal his name when he is born.*
If you want to see what this room looked like before, check out this post from when it was our home gym.
When I started thinking about how I wanted the nursery to look, I originally had something green in my mind. Green is one of my favorite colors, and I love green for boys much more than blue. I started looking for the perfect bedding set, and nothing jumped out at me. I looked for fabric that I could make my own bedding with, but again, nothing seemed right.
Until I found the Bullseye set by JJ Cole. It was love at first sight.

It was the first real piece of the nursery that we purchased, and it sat by itself for quite a while.
It became the inspiration piece for the whole room. We matched the wall color to the blue stripe in the crib skirt, and put some paint on the walls.
I really loved the circle pattern in the bedding, so we used that as inspiration, and pulled the orange as our main accent color. I love the blue and orange together. The brown seemed like an obvious third color to use. Finally, we needed something to break up the beautiful dark blue carpet that we have in the room, and this rug from Target fit the bill. Honestly, it's my least favorite part of the room, but it's fine.
Starting in the doorway and looking to the left
We originally planned on buying the bookcase that is half this size, but when we actually saw this in person, we knew we had room for it and could use it for a long time. There is plenty of space for books, knick knacks, and toy bins on the botton, plus we can add more bins for more toys as needed. The picture frames will eventually be filled with pictures of Bruce or people he loves, but they're empty for now.
Rodney spent hours putting the decals on the wall above the crib, and I love how they turned out. Hopefully Bruce will like laying in his crib looking up at the circles one day.
I love this part of the room. The shelves need more on them, and I'm still working on that. We'll probaby add some blocks that spell his name after he is born. The frames have scrapbook paper in them, and the lamp from Ikea is one of my favorite pieces in the room.
If you look closely you can see one curious kitty behind the chair and one curious kitty in the doorway. I've been trying to leave the door open more so they can get used to it, but Zeus thinks the changing pad is a great place to nap.
I am so fortunate that this room has plenty of space. We have some large pieces of furniture in here and still plenty of room to spare. I hope this will be a great place for him to spread out and play one day. (Rodney says the circles on the rug will make great roads for little cars.)
crib: Baby Mod - Parklane, Walmart.com
bookcase: Ikea Expedit
dresser: Ikea Hemnes 8-drawer dresser
nightstand: Ikea Hemnes
chair: Babies R Us
rug: Target
wall decals: Etsy seller studio jk
If you have any questions about where anything else came from, let me know.









2 comments:
looks great! i love the orange accents. you must be getting so excited for your little one to get here!
LOVE IT! I am so jealous of all of the space in this room! Our room is tiny and unfortunately, we will not be decorating it much due to the impending move....
Post a Comment