Do you know what makes me really sad? My camera has been very neglected lately. I just don't have the motivation to pick it up and take it with me anymore. The thought doesn't cross my mind. We just finished one of the busiest weekend we've had in a while, and I only picked up the camera once.

It's pretty embarassing, but in my defense, this room is the back corner of the house and the door always stays closed. The door has always stayed closed since we moved in, to keep the cats away from the fish tank, but that's probably why this room has become what it is.
Saturday morning we had breakfast with R's parents and went to a huge flea market in the area. We are looking for an area rug for Bruce's room, and R's dad knows someone who sells rugs and thought he would give us a good deal. As it turns out, this guy was the kind of guy who would give anyone a "good deal" if you talked to him long enough. The kind of guy who prices his stuff too high and offers you the price he really wants. We weren't impressed with any of the rugs, and I definitely wasn't impressed with the man, so we passed on his "good deals". The trip wasn't a total bust, though. We were able to find some childrens board books for a discounted price.
Saturday afternoon we began the process of cleaning out our guest room, so that we can make it the workout room, and the workout room can become the nursery. The guest room was basically our junk room. It was my storage room for any seasonal decorations that I wasn't using at the time, plus all of Rodney's old guitars and equipment, plus anything else that we didn't have a "spot" for.
Here are the "before" pictures:

It's pretty embarassing, but in my defense, this room is the back corner of the house and the door always stays closed. The door has always stayed closed since we moved in, to keep the cats away from the fish tank, but that's probably why this room has become what it is.Rodney moved the bed out and now my job is to sort through the rest of the junk and either find a place for it or throw it away. After that we'll move the treadmill, elliptical, and tv in and start working on the other room.
Saturday night we went to R's cousin's wedding. Lots of fun, but again, no pictures.
Sunday we went to church and lunch with my parents, then registered at Babies R Us. This is what I really wish I had pictures of. I love seeing Rodney get so excited over buying things for our boy. He picked out a few things by himself, and it was so sweet. He's really getting into this whole process.
So basically, we had a super busy weekend, with one tired me and 2 pictures to show for it.
1 comments:
Our 2nd bedroom is kinda like your guest bedroom. It's the dogs room (their crates are in there), the guest bedroom, my craft room, and the place where I put things that can't be safely stored in the (unfinished) basement. Good luck getting it all sorted. I can't wait to see how the nursery turns out.
Post a Comment