Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Isaac's construction party

I think this party was my favorite birthday party so far, although it is close with his first. His second was thrown together quickly and just not what I wanted at all, so I really felt like I had to make up for that this year. Plus he really understood the birthday thing this year and was so super excited!

We decided to trim the guest list this year and have the party at our house. It was a ton more work hosting it here but I really enjoyed the laid back feeling once it started.


party favors: construction hats and construction cone cups








I thought when we ordered this from Subway we would have sandwiches with only meat on them, and toppings on the side, therefore "construct your own sandwich". I was a little surprised when they had all the toppings on them already, but I guess it was just miscommunication on my part. Rodney joked that we should make it "de-construct your own sandwich". Oh well.






Isaac talked all day about "We hear the bell ring (doorbell) and we open it and they say 'Happy birthday, Isaac!'" Then the bell rang the first time and he got really shy :)


I put this on instagram (follow me), but this moment takes my breath away every time. It's something about the look on his face when everyone sings to him, plus the past three years rushing at me all at once. I always have to fight back the tears.


Levi slept the first 30 minutes then woke up to join the party. I even found a construction outfit for him to wear (a hand-me-down from Isaac)


This little boy was absolutely exhausted after the party. He had been up for an hour in the middle of the night before, then skipped nap because he was so excited before the party, and he pretty much collapsed when everyone left.

Before the party started we had a really special moment that I won't soon forget. I was really sentimental all day. He's growing up so fast. My mom had been helping us get ready all day but she had gone to pick up the sandwiches and Levi was sleeping so it was just me, Rodney, and Isaac. Isaac walked over to our bookshelf and picked up a photo album, something he never does. It was the album that had his baby pictures in it, starting with his birth. The three of us were able to sit and look through it and talk about when he was first born. He understands the baby/hospital thing because he just went through it with Levi, so it was really special to show him he was once a baby in the hospital with mommy and daddy. His attention span was short, but I loved the moment while it lasted.


Printables are from Amanda's Parties To Go on Etsy


0 comments: