Monday, November 11, 2013

3 years old



Isaac turned three years old on Saturday, November 2. Unbelievable. At his three year checkup he was 33 pounds and 37 inches tall.

Isaac's third year brought a lot of change. He not only moved out of his crib, but moved into a completely new bedroom. Only a couple of months after that he became a big brother. I have been so incredibly impressed with how well he handled the new change in our family. I was terrified, even though everyone told me I was not taking anything away from him, but giving him a new best friend. He was wonderful with Levi from day one. When Levi was around 8 weeks old he started to show his first tiny bits of jealousy by often asking me to "put the baby in his bouncer seat" or "rock the baby to sleep", but that was it. Three months later he is still loving being a big brother and helping us take care of Levi. He often takes a very high pitched "baby talk" voice and tells Levi how cute he is and how much he loves him.



Isaac has really taken an independent stride lately. He shocked me one day this summer when he was able to put his shoes on by himself, so we started working on getting dressed by himself too. He does pretty well. He loves to help me unload the dishwasher and feed the cats. He must climb into the car and his car seat by himself, no help from mommy. If I turn a light on before he does, he must turn it off and do it himself. His new phrase: "You should let me do that."

I am so happy to say that Isaac is potty trained! We started on Monday October 21 and he picked it up immediately. I had seen signs in the days before that said it might be time, but I was in denial. I wasn't ready, but it became obvious that he was. I bit the bullet and did it, and he did great! As soon as I set up a stool for him to be able to go by himself, he started doing it without telling me. It was way too easy. I truly believe timing is everything and he was just ready.


Isaac's concept of time is still developing. Up until recently everything in the past was 'last week' and anything in the future was 'next week'. Now the future is typically 'Saturday' or 'Sunday'. He even surprised me the other day by saying we did something yesterday, and it really was the day before.

He loves his grandparents and sees them all at least once a week. He spends the night with R's parents once or twice a month since they're in town, but he also loves spending the night with my parents when he gets the chance.

Isaac is hilarious. He keeps us laughing with some of the phrases he says and his teachers at Mother's Day Out tell me they think he's hilarious too.

He's definitely taking a mischievous streak lately and likes to get an attitude and argue when you ask him to do certain things, but that's all part of being a three-year-old. We still love him anyway ;)


Favorite foods: pretzels, raisins, applesauce, cheese, yogurt
Favorite tv shows: Hengry Hugglemonster, Chuggington





0 comments: