...and he got it from me.
We took Isaac to the doctor today to discuss my concerns over his head shape. I have been paranoid about him developing a flat head from day one, and for a while I have noticed he has an odd head shape, but nothing too bad. Last week I saw a website detailing flat heads and flat spots in babies, and my gut felt like I needed to call and get him checked out.
The back of his head isn't necessarily too flat, but the top is kind of bulgy, as well as the sides. At his one month appointment his head measured in the 34th percentile and jumped to the 61st percentile at 2 months. The doctor assured us at the time that large heads usually run in families and it is what it is, but we'd keep an eye on it.
I felt like a crazy first-time parent today, but I felt better hearing that our doctor is not concerned. He examined his skull thoroughly, then looked at his growth curve. Today's measurement followed the same curve as the one from 3 weeks ago, so that was good. Then the pedi had the nurse come in and measure our heads -- yes, me and Rodney. I knew my head was larger than Rodney's, but I had no idea how much larger. My head is around the 97th percentile, and his around 20-25%.
So the bottom line...Isaac's head is fine, we'll check again at his 4-month appointment, and I've passed on my big head to him. Awesome.
Monday, January 24, 2011
apparently my child has a big head
Posted by Julie at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment