Thursday, September 9, 2010

distracted = messy house

Katie over at Bower Power gave us a video tour of her messy house yesterday, which inspired me to look around my own house and snap a few pictures.  Katie is a mom and has a good reason to have a messy house.  I'm not quite a stay-at-home mom yet, but I have been a little distracted this week, spending lots of time in the nursery, sorting tiny clothes into piles to be washed and finding homes for all of the little items.  The housework is backing up, so today instead of pretending like everything is perfect, I'm showing a little of the mess that has accumulated.

dishes in the drainer that need to be put away, and dishes in the sink that need to be washed

cat hair on the ottoman, which is the home of my half-written thank you notes
(and a stack on the couch that needs to be mailed)

the bench at the end of the bed that that tends to accumulate clothes, plus a bedroom floor in dire need of a good vacuum

the guest bathroom, which is where I get ready now, due to the fact that our master bathroom is so hot that I end up all sweaty and gross before I leave the house

These were the "good" messy spots, there is much worse that are for my eyes only.

0 comments: