Monday, September 6, 2010

baby shower fun, part 1

We had our first baby shower on Saturday, hosted by Rodney's aunt and mom.  His mom has been buying baby things for months, and probably a quarter of the stuff we took home came from her.  Our family and friends gave generously and we have so much that we need for Bruce's arrival.
We came home and Rodney helped me unload the bags and sort everything into rough piles on the floor.  Despite having a very sore back from reaching to the floor to pick up gifts at the shower, I couldn't just let everything sit in the room.  I worked for a while, but I paid for it later that night and the next day with an achy, stiff back.

This is what the room looked like after we took everything out of the bags.  Do you see why I couldn't just leave it alone?

I'm happy to say that it looks much better than that now.  I have been working in small increments of time whenever I have a minute, or feel like it.  My goal is to have everything put away and all thank you notes written before our next shower this Sunday, then I can start all over again.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You look beautiful! I hope you're able to get everything done in time for the next one :)

Did you enjoy this beautiful weather this weekend as much as I did?

Julie said...

Oh gosh, Stephanie, you're too kind. I feel like it looks like I've shoved a basketball up my dress!

And yes, the weather was gorgeous! I wanted to move our shower outside because of the wonderful breeze.