Wednesday, September 22, 2010

baby shower fun, part 3

We had our third and fourth baby showers last weekend.  On Saturday we had a family get-together/shower with some of R's family that we don't see very often.  His cousin did the same thing for us when we got married.  For as small as the gathering was, we went home with so many nice things for little Bruce.  I can't explain how incredibly grateful I am for everyone that has given so generously over the past few weeks.  It's quite overwhelming.

Sunday was our shower in my hometown, hosted by my mom and sister-in-law.  This was the shower where we got the most items from our registry.  I was fully prepared to have to go to Babies R Us and pick up the last few items that we need, but we really don't need much more. 


I was informed by our small group at church that they would like to have a small shower for us, which was totally unexpected.  We've only known these people for less than 2 months and they are pouring out more love for us and our family.  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful support group around me.

0 comments: