Monday, July 12, 2010

weekend recap: puppies and Ikea

This weekend flew by and I can't believe it's Monday already. I kept thinking yesterday was Saturday...all day.

Friday night I got to meet my new puppy-niece. My brother and SIL had to say goodbye to their Boston Terrier a few months ago. They knew they wanted another one, but 3 months before bringing home a new baby? Daffney knows it will be difficult, but she also knew it might be a year after the baby is born before they were ready for a puppy.

This is Reese.



She is 8 weeks old and even smaller than I expected her to be.

Just like Rush, their other Boston Terrier, she is wild and crazy, and such a cutie!


She has been home with them for one week and already seems to be fitting in perfectly. I can't wait to spend more time with her and see her grow up.

On Saturday Rodney and I took a day trip to the nearest Ikea, which is 3 hours away in Charlotte, NC. I have been wanting to go to an Ikea ever since I found out what it was, and I found a dresser and bookcase online that I wanted for Bruce's room. The added bonus was that we could meet up with my best friend who lives closeby.

I was just a little excited as we pulled into the parking lot.
After a wonderful 3 hours in Ikea, we went to lunch with Danielle and her family. She has 2 beautiful sons, ages 5.5 and 14 months. I'm sure she'll be able to offer plenty of advice on little boys in the future.

I hate that we waited until we said goodbye to take this picture, because (as you can see) it was quite bright outside.

It was such a great day. I loved visiting with Danielle, since we only get to see each other a couple of times a year. Not to mention, we brought a truckful of furniture and goodies home for the nursery. Now we just need to order the glider, find some window treatments, and start adding the finishing touches.

Yesterday I did nothing, except recuperate from our long day Saturday. That means today will be spent catching up on cleaning and laundry, and tomorrow is my next OB appointment. Time is flying by!

0 comments: