I love my birthday. My mom always made a big deal about birthdays when we were kids, and I still feel the same way. Rodney learned this the hard way on my birthday the first year we were married. Since then, I have not been disappointed.
All I requested this year was a cookie cake and a flowers.
Oh yeah, and a trip to the Melting Pot, our favorite special occasion restaurant. We went there Friday night.



After dinner, we walked it off at the mall and stopped by Build-A-Bear to make something for Bruce. I'm not really a fan of stuffed animals, but we wanted him to have something special for us. We had planned on making him a black lab to represent his big brother, Cash, but they didn't have one, so we settled on another dog. We'll find a black lab somewhere else. (I really really wanted to take a picture of Rodney "washing and fluffing" the stuffed dog, but he wouldn't let me. I took a mental picture.)
Saturday was a long day spent with family at my grandmother's funeral. I forgot to mention before that she was 96 years young. She didn't see herself as old. In fact, she would call people in their 70's "old people".
Sunday we visited a new church and took a nice afternoon nap.
It was a weekend full of ups and downs, but overall a nice one.
And just for the heck of it, a cute pic of Sophie that Rodney snapped a few mornings ago.

3 comments:
3 years ago I made DH a black lab from BAB. I did it online though and had it shipped.
Did you go to the Melting Pot in Knoxville? I'm tempted to drive down there one weekend just so I can try it out.
Sounds like your birthday was a lot of fun. I have never been to a Melting Pot Restaurant but I hear they are absolutely delicious. I'll have to try that sometime. So sorry to hear about your grandmother, so cute that she was 96 calling people in their seventies "old people". I love that.
Stephanie, we do go to the one in Knoxville. We go usually once a year. Some people think it's overrated and not worth it, but we love it!
Post a Comment