At this time 5 years ago, I had one semester of college left and had just moved into the townhouse I purchased with my parents. I was on my own and could finally get my own pet. We always had cats growing up, so I knew I wanted a kitten, or better yet, 2 kittens to grow up together and keep each other company.
On July 2, 2005, I brought home baby Zeus and Sophie from the animal shelter. They were tiny, covered in fleas, and sick with upper respiratory infections.


A few days later, they were as good as new and settling nicely into their new home. You'll notice that Zeus was a lot lighter as a kitten and Sophie had 2 gray spots on her head that faded around 6-7 months.
On July 2, 2005, I brought home baby Zeus and Sophie from the animal shelter. They were tiny, covered in fleas, and sick with upper respiratory infections.


A few days later, they were as good as new and settling nicely into their new home. You'll notice that Zeus was a lot lighter as a kitten and Sophie had 2 gray spots on her head that faded around 6-7 months.They became your perfectly healthy, normal kittens. They figured out that the hole beside the dishwasher was just big enough for them to fit through...

and they discovered that toilet paper was lots of fun. You can either chew up a brand new package...

and they discovered that toilet paper was lots of fun. You can either chew up a brand new package...
or just take it off the roll when it's already in the bathroom.

We were on our own for a little over one year until Rodney came into our lives. I think it was our 3rd date when R was at my place watching a football game, and we sat and played with the cats during halftime. I knew then that I could love this man who could love my cats.Playing UNO together...

The cats endured a move from their only home to a new house, and they adjusted better than I expected. Six months later we forced them to adjust to a big scary black puppy, who they now ignore for the most part. I'm really hoping the adjustment to the baby goes just as smoothly.
I love each of them for their own personalities and quirks. They can be pretty annoying at times, but they provide so much entertainment too. Happy 5 years, and here's to 15 more!
1 comments:
Happy Gotcha Day Zeus and Sophie! Here's to hoping for another wonderful 15 :)
Post a Comment