Thursday, April 16, 2009

two thumbs up for vacations

To celebrate the end of another successful (and crazy busy) tax season, R and I are heading off for a weekend getaway. Since no one is allowed to take any vacation time between January 1 and April 15 (including most Saturdays), his firm closes the Friday after tax day. We planned this trip to take my mind off of last year's post-tax season vacation, our honeymoon cruise. We'll be heading to Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore Estate and other hot spots in town.

Cash will be staying with my parents while we're gone. Call me crazy, but I feel like I'm packing for a baby. I've got all of his food in individual bags, his favorites toys and treats packed up, washed his bed cover, and I'm thinking of any special instructions to give my parents. Not that they need them, but I'm overprotective like that. I can only imagine how I'll be when we have kids.

0 comments: