Tuesday, April 14, 2009

extra time = new hobbies

When did I become so dependent on the internet? I can't tell you exactly, but it's been a while. It probably started when I was living by myself for several years. Our laptop took a small tumble off the ottoman on Saturday night and took the internet with it. We don't have many options for internet access. High-speed cable internet is not offered in our area, and satellite internet is supposedly very expensive and very sucky, so we have been using a Verizon aircard for the past couple of years.

That was all fine and good until it decided to stop working after the laptop fell. Actually, we think something inside the computer got knocked loose because the computer would not even recognize the aircard anymore. So last night we were able to upgrade to the more modern USB modem and have reconnected with the world wide web.

During my 48 hours without access to my favorite blogs and other time-wasting activities, I gave the house a thorough cleaning and was able to spend more time reading my library books that are due back this week. I also had the chance to really play around with Photoshop Elements and learn some new things.

R brought PSE 5 into our marriage without knowing how to use it at all. I didn't touch it for a long time. Since the purchase of our beloved D60, I have been trying to learn some basic photo editing techniques. Elements doesn't seem quite as scary as it used to, and I have now dipped my toe into the world of digital scrapbooking. Give me a little time and I might show off some of my work. It might take some convincing, though, as I'm just learning. I don't feel nearly as creative as the layouts that I see online. If any of you are into digital scrapbooking, where do you get your inspiration and files?

1 comments:

ThoughtsON said...

I've become crazy dependent on the Internet as well. It's amazing what gets done with the world wide web isn't an option!
Looking forward to seeing your digital scrapbooking stuff! Share soon :)