Watching the inauguration festivities this week made me think back to the last time I was in Washington, D.C. My best friend, Danielle, and I went there for a few days in December 2006. We called it our 10 year anniversary trip. You see, we became best friends on our 8th grade class trip to D.C. in May 1997. So...we went back to celebrate.
Anyway, we just happened to arrive in D.C. the day after former President Gerald Ford died. Washington was buzzing with ceremonies honoring him. All of the flags were flown at half-staff. It was pretty neat to see all of the flags around the Washington Monument.
I love Washington, D.C. and all of the history and reverence there.
1 comments:
I went to DC on an 8th grade trip too! I was just thinking the other day that I would like to go back. I think I would have a much greater appreciation for all the history this time around.
Post a Comment