Friday, January 9, 2009

and he thought I was the messy one

The first year of our marriage saw its share of struggles over how clean (or not clean) the house was. I like to call R a clean freak, but he's actually normal. I am (admittedly) the messy one.

Anyway, I was inspired by the Hyper Homemaker's post about cleaning out her husband's closet. Rodney's closet looked very much like that before I got my hands on it. I was shocked at what I found. All of his summer shorts were thrown on the top shelf in a big heap. I found dirty socks and undershirts wadded up in a ball on a shelf. And I found 2 shirts (also randomly thrown up there) that he was looking for last week. I had a hard time telling what was clean and what was dirty so I washed most of it and put it back in an orderly fashion. He was pleasantly surprised to find his closet makeover when he got home yesterday. And I had to give him a hard time about how I never knew he could be that messy.

The whole thing reminded me of the Friends episode where clean freak Monica doesn't want anyone to see her closet that is stuffed with junk.

I didn't take a before picture, but here is the after:

(that's not the best picture, but you should have seen it before!)

1 comments:

Lori Z said...

ya know...my husband is a clean freak (normal) too. And the sick and wrong thing about it...he actually likes to clean! So I get to go shopping for the afternoon while he stays home and cleans :o)

I spent a day cleaning after Christmas and it turned into a contact sport apparently (I posted in my blog about how the vacuum ate my slippers!) lol Nice work on the closet!