Thursday, June 12, 2008

movies and books

We signed up for Blockbuster Online this summer since all of our normal tv shows are off the air. We got a cheap plan, only 1 at a time, but I'm looking forward to seeing several movie this summer.

So far I have seen Waitress and P.S. I Love You. I loved Waitress! I've been a big Keri Russell fan since the tv show Felicity. The movie brought so many emotions, but I thought it was great.

I wasn't a big fan of P.S. I Love You, but that's because I read the book first. Books are almost always better than the movie counterpart, so it kind of spoiled it for me. They changed some critical parts and it just wasn't the same. I watched the deleted scenes on the dvd and those were taken straight from the book. Too bad they couldn't have put those in there.

I also use library books to fill my time. I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger. I loved it. The time travel part really confused me at first but once I got past it and focused on the underlying story, I really got into it. The movie version is coming out in December, and I'm excited to see it, based on who they have cast as the main characters. I'm not expecting too much though, as this was a complicated and detailed book and will be hard to translate into a movie.

Next book...The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd
Next DVD...The Office, Season 1

0 comments: