Seven years ago today I made a decision that would affect the rest of my life.
That afternoon I received a phone call with an invitation to an informal cookout/party at Rodney's apartment. He and his roommate were both accounting majors like me and we were all friends/study partners. Normally I wouldn't have really considered going because our other good friend (a girl) had class that night and couldn't go, but something inside me decided to go anyway.
I can honestly say that night was the beginning of the rest of my life. Rodney and I sat on the couch in the middle of a room full of people and talked all night, feeling like we were the only people in the room. We had been friends for years but something really clicked that night. We went on our first real date a couple of weeks after that and we were engaged 7 months later.
So much has happened in the past seven years. I look at our life now with a house of our own and two kids and I am so happy to be living this life with Rodney.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
a special anniversary
Posted by Julie at 8:59 PM
Labels: married life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment