I documented last Sunday for a new Day In the Life post, but until I get it all put together, here is what a real day in my life looks like.
I started my day running on fumes from a bad night of broken sleep with a sick baby. I forged ahead on day 3 of potty training my almost 3-year-old. Lots of fun, lots of trips to the bathroom, two outfit changes. Suck snot from the sick baby, lots of cuddles to make him feel better. Make lunch while running back and forth to put the pacifier back in the sleeping baby's mouth and taking the medium sized one to the potty. Get both down for a double nap, wake them up an hour later to get to the doctor's office on time. Isaac was super grumpy, Levi not too bad, actually. Get both kids inside the doctor's office by myself, my first official outing with both by myself where we all leave the car in almost 3 months. Soothe a feverish baby and keep Isaac from touching everything in the exam room that felt like it was 576 degrees while we wait for test results. Levi got a flu diagnosis. Not cool.
Get the boys home, another nap for the baby, lots more trips to the potty for Isaac, cook dinner by myself while Rodney is at a meeting, do bath and bedtime routines by myself, collapse on the couch.
They're not all like this, and even though it was long and rough at times, I feel like I kind of rocked it.
Also, you know how some people like to have a glass of wine at the end of a long day? I'm kind of addicted to root beer lately and totally look forward to my daily root beer after putting the kids to bed. How lame is that? Root beer! We used to never ever buy soda but somehow we both got on a root beer kick a couple of months ago and now I love it!
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
a real day
Posted by Julie at 8:48 PM
Labels: A day in the life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment