This weekend brought quite a few firsts for Isaac.
On Friday I had my first sighting of his 3rd tooth coming in (his first top tooth!)
Friday night, Rodney went camping with some guys from church, I spent the evening hanging out with the wives of the campers, and Isaac stayed overnight with Rodney's parents for the first time ever. It was so strange to wake up to an empty house on Saturday morning. I missed him, but he did great!
Yesterday morning Isaac slept later than normal. He usually takes a short nap before leaving for church on Sunday mornings (and it's hard to get him to go down that early), but since he woke up late we knew it wouldn't work. Instead, we went to the 8:30 service, then small group at 9:45. It was the first time he didn't get a morning nap, and although I can't say for sure how he did since I wasn't with him, he seemed ok when we picked him up from the nursery (and of course fell asleep on the way home, but he does that every week). Sundays are such weird days for his schedule.
Yesterday he tasted cottage cheese for the first time. I can't believe I haven't given it to him before now. He really liked it for a few bites, until he decided he was done. And trust me, once he decides he's finished, he is finished. Rodney fed it to him and said, "Isaac, this is something new. It's called cottage curdles."
This weekend, we decided for sure that Isaac has said his first word: kitty. We've been on the fence for about 2 weeks, but we finally made it official this weekend. It's going in the baby book. Every time we see a cat, I say "kitty". I have done this for months, and I told Rodney months ago that his first word would be kitty or doggy. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing he said "gee-ee" (2 syllables) most of the time when he saw a cat. I thought I was just imagining it, but other people have heard it too. He's very consistent, and I'm sure it's what he's saying. He also tends to say "gee" a lot of times when he sees Cash, and I think that might be doggy, but I'm not convinced of that one yet.
I can't believe how quickly he is changing and developing these days, I'm sure we have a lot more "firsts" in our near future.
Monday, September 19, 2011
a weekend of firsts
Posted by Julie at 8:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment