Wednesday, December 29, 2010

goodbye Christmas

I love Christmas and everything that goes with it...the food, the family, the fun, but this year I am so glad it's over!  My normally sweet, pleasant baby boy did not do so well with the hustle and bustle of Christmas.

Isaac is a creature of habit.  He thrives on our daily routine.  We have a 3 hour cycle of eat, awake/play, nap, over and over throughout the day.  He usually naps for 2 or so hours until it's time to eat and start the cycle over again.  Between running from one Christmas celebration to another, this cycle did not happen as smoothly as it usually does.  He took lots of catnaps instead of his long naps and was passed from person to person.  This makes for one cranky baby.

It all came to a climax last night at our final Christmas event.  We were visiting with family friends we see once a year and I was so excited for them to spend time with him.  He fussed and whined all night long, until we eventually had to pack up early and put him to bed.  He went to sleep around 8:45-ish, woke up at 4:40 for a bottle, and is still sleeping as I type this at 9:20 am.  I want my baby back!





I hate when you get home and realize you didn't take nearly as many pictures as you thought you did.  On one hand it's sad because I like to relive the moment in photos, but on the other hand it makes me realize I was too busy enjoying the moment and taking it in.  

So, goodbye Christmas, and hello new year!  I'm really looking forward to what 2011 brings.  

0 comments: