1 month already! Where does the time go? Geez, I sound like such a mom talking about time passing quickly, but it's just crazy how it flies by.
Our first month together has been easier than I expected. I have been blessed with a pleasant baby. I always hate to talk about how easy he is, but I know talking about it can't "jinx" anything. He is so content most of the time and loves to just look around and be talked to. He really only cries when he's hungry, and during bathtime. He's not a fan of bathtime yet.
Today at the pediatrician's office he weighed 9 lb 1 oz and was 22 3/4 inches long. I have a long and lean boy, which is a bit surprising since Rodney and I are definitely not tall and not particularly lean, but I know that his body type can and will change. He's still in newborn clothes except for sleepers which is he just about too long for. Everything 0-3 that I put on him almost fits in length but is way too big in the shoulders and body.
Breastfeeding didn't really work out for us, although we worked with nurses and a lactation consultant in the hospital. I was so disappointed and I really want him to have breastmilk, at least through the first few months, so I'm
Isaac sleeps in our room at night, nice and cozy in his rock and play sleeper. We swaddle him up nice and tight before bed, but he usually manages to get at least one arm out by morning.
He's a very loud sleeper, especially in the early morning around 5 or 6 am. He was sleeping in 4-6 hour stretches, but the past 2 nights have been closer to 7 hours!
During the day he stays awake 1-1.5 hours after a bottle before taking a little snooze until it's time to eat again, which is approximately every 3 hours. Playtime is becoming more fun now that he's starting to focus more on toys and faces. I've noticed a big difference in his focus just this week.
Rodney and I are always laughing over the funny faces and sounds that Isaac makes. The funniest is when we stop mid-bottle to burp and he wants more.
Isaac has incredible neck strength and head control when you put him on your shoulder or sit him up in your lap, but he gets lazy when you lay him on the floor for tummy time. He rarely tries to lift or turn his head, and usually just lays there staring into space until he decides he's had enough and starts fussing. The one day that he did awesome at tummy time I just happened to have my camera with me. This picture cracks me up!
![]() |
| rockin' some tummy time at 2 weeks old |




0 comments:
Post a Comment