Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Maybe I do have a green thumb

I am not a plant person. I just don't have the right touch to keep plants and flowers alive. However, I bought the cats some grass as part of their Christmas present. Could I grow grass from seeds? Yes, I did.

The kit came with 4 kinds of seeds: wheat, barley, oats, and rye. It said the grass would be ready to give to the cats in 4-6 days. This picture was taken on day 4. I showed it to the cats yesterday and they gave mixed reviews. Zeus stuck his nose way down in it and smelled it, then decided to rub his face on it. He bent some of the blades. Sophie also smelled it for a while, then licked some of it for a few more minutes. This morning I noticed some shorter blades but I don't know if that is where they ate some or if it is just new sprouts coming up.

So far, so good. We'll see.

0 comments: