Levi goes through phases like all kids, happy for a few weeks, grumpy for a few weeks. At the beginning of this month he was so happy and we were constantly looking at each other saying "who is this kid?" ;) The tantrums were fewer and less extreme. He's back to a more grumpy phase, throwing fits when he doesn't get his way, but that's normal for this age and we enjoyed Happy Levi while we had him.
Levi is now wearing 2T clothes for summer, with a few 24m thrown in. I've never understood the difference between those two sizes. We had a whole wardrobe of 2T summer clothes from Isaac so anything new that I buy is also 2T. They're a little big but he has plenty of room to grow through the summer (and he wouldn't fit in 18 month all summer).
Levi loves blowing bubbles outside. Well, he loves chasing bubbles and watching someone else blow them. If I offer to let him try he just points to me and says mama.
His language has changed a lot in the pat month. We used to have clear communication. He would say a single word and I usually understood what he meant and we communicated that way. Now he has adopted a gibberish language. He will say long sentences and tell you exactly what he thinks or wants, but I don't understand much of it, maybe one or two words. I hope it's a good sign that he's trying to develop his language but it worries me a little, and it's definitely more frustrating. I don't think it's anything that needs attention before his 2 year checkup but I'm anxious to talk to his doctor about it then. For now we keep reading and talking to him a lot and see what happens.
Bath time has become a challenge lately. He likes to play in the tub while the water runs, but all of a sudden he started throwing a fit when we turn the water off. Isaac went through a hatred of baths around this age so we're just riding it out.
Levi has his share of challenges, but he's also a sweet, funny little boy. He loves choo choos, airplanes, and four wheelers. He still loves to sing but only when he's in the mood and rarely when you suggest it. He loves playing with Isaac and would follow him to the end of the earth. He loves jumping on the bed.
I need to get a video of him running because it's the cutest thing ever! It is still that toddler wacky off-balance run and I know it will be a lot smoother in just a few months.
Levi has discovered the world of Toy Story and he's obsessed. He loves playing with the millions of Buzz and Woody toys that we have leftover from Isaac's Toy Story phase, but he will not sleep with a stuffed Woody doll that we have. Isaac slept with it for a long time but Levi refuses. Instead he insists on sleeping with a stuffed Elmo that he never touches or acts like he cares about, until it's not in the crib. Weird.
He can identify circle and star, but no other shapes or colors (although he will tell you everything is blue). I just haven't worked on shapes and colors as much as I did with Isaac, but it will come with time.
Levi is pretty good at saying thank you unprompted, but he still needs a reminder for please most of the time. Isaac was so good with manners at such a young age, I think it's adorable to hear them say please and thank you.
He seems more like a 2-year-old every day, good and bad, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.
He can identify circle and star, but no other shapes or colors (although he will tell you everything is blue). I just haven't worked on shapes and colors as much as I did with Isaac, but it will come with time.
Levi is pretty good at saying thank you unprompted, but he still needs a reminder for please most of the time. Isaac was so good with manners at such a young age, I think it's adorable to hear them say please and thank you.
He seems more like a 2-year-old every day, good and bad, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.











0 comments:
Post a Comment