Levi had a sinus infection this month which was really strange. His only symptom was a nasty runny nose (we're talking thick green snot) that didn't even come from a cold. It just started one day out of the blue. Anyway, we went to the doctor and got a sinus infection diagnosis and antibiotics, but she also said that his ear tubes are coming out. She said they are technically still in the ear canal but they are leaning out, and she would consider them nonfunctional. Not what I wanted to hear. We saw the ENT in February, exactly 2 months before, and he said they were still in place then, but he expected them to come out sometime this summer. I've been told that most tubes stay in place anywhere from 6-18 months, with an average of 12. We got somewhere between 7-9 months out of ours. We're just hoping and praying that when next fall rolls around and he gets more colds his ears will drain better and we won't need another set of tubes. Our pediatrician said it was a good sign that his ears drained all of the sinus infection drainage. We'll see, but I'm expecting him to need another set.
Levi thinks he's a big boy and gets incredibly mad and frustrated when he can't do what the bigger kids are doing. The biggest instance of this is at Isaac's soccer practices. There is plenty of room for him to run around off the field but he just wants to be with Isaac and the other kids on the field. Oh the woes of being the little brother.
Levi's thing this month has been shoes. If there is a pair of shoes on the floor he will try to put them on. It doesn't matter whose shoes they are, he will try. If they are mine or Rodney's, he can usually do pretty good with them. If they are Isaac's, he does ok but gets frustrated, and if they are his, he gets frustrated (mad) very quickly. We have become very good at putting our shoes away and out of sight.
He's also loving all types of blocks this month. Isaac has graduated to real (tiny) Legos and I keep Levi away from those, but he loves Duplos, Mega Blocks, and especially bristle blocks.
Levi is obsessed with bananas right now and would probably eat one every morning and one every afternoon if I let him.
Levi is getting better at counting and can consistently get 5,6,8,and 9. Every letter he sees he declares to be "O". He loves to sing Jesus Loves Me, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Row Row Row Your Boat.
His language is getting better, but he's still at the point that only we understand the majority of what he says. Although, when we were at the doctor a month ago we got to the checkout counter and he saw the suckers and yelled "sucker!" and our pediatrician commented on how clear it was. Ha! He calls most animals by their name now instead of what sound they make. He says "guck" for truck, car, and chair. He is starting to say certain phrases like "There it is","I'm back", and "I see!". (Side note: He loves to look at the live lobsters at the grocery store. We always stop and look at them, then tell them goodbye. As we walk away, he always yells "I see!" which really means 'I want to see them'.) Beyond the phrases, the only time he combines words is by saying, "Up, mama!" or "Go, mama!"
Levi learned the word "mine" this month and doesn't really like to share. Ha! It comes with the age, and we're working on it.
His language is getting better, but he's still at the point that only we understand the majority of what he says. Although, when we were at the doctor a month ago we got to the checkout counter and he saw the suckers and yelled "sucker!" and our pediatrician commented on how clear it was. Ha! He calls most animals by their name now instead of what sound they make. He says "guck" for truck, car, and chair. He is starting to say certain phrases like "There it is","I'm back", and "I see!". (Side note: He loves to look at the live lobsters at the grocery store. We always stop and look at them, then tell them goodbye. As we walk away, he always yells "I see!" which really means 'I want to see them'.) Beyond the phrases, the only time he combines words is by saying, "Up, mama!" or "Go, mama!"
Levi learned the word "mine" this month and doesn't really like to share. Ha! It comes with the age, and we're working on it.







0 comments:
Post a Comment