Monday, June 29, 2015

Levi at 23 months


I can't believe Levi will be 2 in just one month. I've kind of thought of him as 2 in my mind for a couple of months, but now that's it's almost here for real, it seems crazy.


The biggest change this month has been in Levi's language skills. He is putting lots of words together and blows me away almost every day with things he says. His favorite phrase lately is "Don't want it", which is basically a nicer way of saying no. I'll take it. He also says "I.....too" a lot. Anything Isaac is doing, "I play blocks too", "I like spaghetti too", "I need sunscreen too". He has also started saying one of my favorite cute phrases of toddlerhood, "Carry you, mama" when he wants me to hold him. He also loves to use our name when talking to us. "Thank you, daddy". "Help, mama." Last week we were playing on my bed and he leaned his head over to my chest and said "Love you". It was the first time he had ever said it on his own and completely melted my heart.


Potty training had not even crossed my mind until last week. We spent every morning last week at church doing VBS. Levi's teachers were doing a mini potty training boot camp with a few of the girls close to his age. His teacher asked me if I wanted him to participate too and I kind of laughed as I said no. Apparently, though, one day he saw a bunch of them on the potties and said "I potty too". They put him on one and he went! I was shocked. This morning he woke up with a not-very-wet diaper and I wondered if I should sit him on the potty. I did, for just a minute, because he was not very happy about it. I didn't push it, because that's not my style, but now I'm definitely thinking about it more than I was.


He does a new thing where if I tell him no or I'm thinking about a question he asked me, he'll lower his head and only raise his eyes to look up at me. I wish I had a picture to illustrate, but it's hilarious.


Levi's eczema flared up again this month. It had been so many months since we battled his eczema, I was starting to think he outgrew it. It was at least late last summer or early fall when we had a bad flareup. I thought winter was supposed to be a bad time for eczema but Levi's skin was perfect. I guess for him it's sunscreen, sweat, grass, and sand that flares him up. He went on a round of steroids to clear it up for a blank slate before maintenance. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical and didn't want to deal with Levi on steroids again, but it really did clear his skin. It's so soft now and I can get better about keeping him moisturized and be careful about other irritants.


Levi has been obsessed with blueberries this month. I know blueberries are great for you, but the diapers that follow...nasty!


The water table is definitely Levi's favorite thing to play with outside. If we are outside, there is a good chance he's playing at the water table, or taking water from there and pouring it everywhere else. He does not enjoy the sprinkler, though. We had our first experience in a big pool yesterday. I wasn't sure how he would react but he really enjoyed being carried and swooshed around by me or Rodney.

Levi is growing into such a great little boy. I'm sure the "terrible two's" will be exciting with him, but he has really calmed down so much and is so much fun.


0 comments: