18 months. Halfway through 1. Didn't we just have his first birthday party?
The biggest change this month has been Levi's attitude. Our dear sweet Levi has been a giant roller coaster since he was born. The first 9-10 months of his life he was a giant grump most of the time. Something changed around then and he was considerably better, but still very clingy and needed lots of attention and love. This past month another noticeable change occurred and the clinginess is mostly gone. It's almost like we have a different toddler. He plays by himself very well now and rarely cries or throws tantrums like he used to. Growing up? Maybe. Whatever it is, I'll take it!
Levi weighed 26.5 pounds last Wednesday at his sick appointment (fully clothed with shoes and jacket). We had a well appointment scheduled for Friday but decided to let him rest and rescheduled for tomorrow week. As far as size, we're at the weird crossroads of clothing sizes, where his 18 month clothes are getting a little small but the 24 month is still a little too big. We have moved into several 24 month pajamas and a few 24 month shirts. However, he still has one 12 month shirt that he wears regularly and fits just fine. I tried one pair of 24 month pants and they were still way too big. He's still in size 4 diapers.
![]() |
| chunky monkey |
He sprouted one new tooth this month, bringing his grand total to 12. He got his first lower (right) lateral incisor right around 16 months, and the left one finally erupted about 1.5 months later. I thought they usually came in closer than that and thought he might never get it.
Another word eruption this month. Milk (which sounds nothing like milk and I can't even type out how it sounds), truck (guck), house (howf), goldfish, pouch (dass), Wo Wo (blankie), paci (dass), rabbit (raba), Nana, poo poo, choo choo, cow (how), goat (go, which he calls both goats and sheep), teeth, animals (ahmals), down, bowl, show [tv show], hair, ear (ooh), eye, Brown Bear (sounds kind of like 'mow mow'). I try to keep track of the words but they're coming so fast I know I forget to write some of them down. He also has words for most of the tv shows Isaac likes to watch, Paw Patrol, Clifford, bubble for Bubble Guppies.
Levi still uses his paci for sleeping, but we've pretty much dropped it during the day. He really did it by himself. When he wakes up from nap and in the morning he will usually take his paci out and hand it to me. However, if he finds one during the day he has no problem popping it in, but he certainly doesn't need it or use it very often at all. I think taking it away at night will be ok, but I'm still not ready yet.
He has also discovered a greater love for his lovey this month, which he calls Wo Wo (I call it Mister Moo). Unlike the pacifier, Wo Wo does come out of the crib with us most days.
Books have been huge this month. If you sit in the floor, Levi would bring you books all day if he could. One after another.
Farm animals are another favorite right now. We brought out our old Fisher Price farm and he loves putting the animals in and taking them out. It stays in his room and usually first thing after getting out of the crib he points and wants to play "ahmals".
Last week Levi grabbed his diaper (2 days in a row) and said "poo poo", and was correct. Obviously he is nowhere near ready to potty train, but this was the first time he ever connected the two and told me.
For as long as I can remember Isaac has been using switcheroo tactics when Levi has a toy he wants. Isaac takes Levi's toy and replaces it with another toy. This was fine when Levi when a baby but I knew he wouldn't be ok with it forever. However, Levi usually doesn't mind even now.
Speaking of big brother Isaac, Levi is picking up some not so nice habits from him. Isaac has "taught" him (indirectly) how to growl when he is frustrated or mad, and also how to throw things down when he is frustrated or mad. Not cool.
He has become picky about food, which is discouraging, but we're pushing through.
Levi started Mother's Day Out this month. I have a whole post coming about that soon but he's doing well so far.
Levi was diagnosed with RSV the day before he turned 18 months. It was pretty much like a bad cold, with buckets of snot and lots of coughing. He made it through with no complications, not even an ear infection! He was pretty pitiful for a few days, though.







0 comments:
Post a Comment