Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Levi at 14 months

This post is very late. Oops.
---------------------------------------------------------------------


Levi's 12 month summer clothes are actually starting to get a little bit smaller, which makes me feel good about his 18 month fall clothes in his closet and drawers. He is still wearing a size 4 diaper and 4.5 shoe.


He has teeth! Of course he has teeth, he has had 2 teeth since 5.5 months, but he finally has more than 2! Tooth number 3 (top right) appeared on his 13 month birthday, and tooth number 4 (top left) finally broke through about a week ago. He has 2 more teeth on top that look like they will cut any day now. Molars are nowhere to be found.


I'm constantly amazed by how much Levi understands now. I guess I should stop being so surprised by it, but he still seems so small to me. He can identify nose (usually mine), mouth (usually his), and belly (his).


He is talking up a storm. Lots and lots of babbling, and I'm starting to recognize more words. He is starting to understand how to use words to communicate and definitely takes advantage of that. We started giving him a graham cracker in the morning when he wakes up (before breakfast) and now he has learned how to say cracker and asks for one immediately after waking up. I think he thinks 'cracker' means all food so he nows asks for a 'cracker' quite often throughout the day. The boy loves to eat. New words this month also include 'brother' (which really just sounds like two syllables that start with B), hi, and Isaac (I-guh). Sometimes I think he says wawa for water. I think "brrr" is his generic word for certain things. Last month I noticed he calls Mickey Mouse "brrr" and now he uses that word for nose too. He also started saying mamamamama but just as a random sound, it never actually refers to me. No dada either. He also learned how to shake his head no and occasionally will say "nuh" while he does it.


He still takes 2 naps a day, every day except Sunday when he skip his morning nap at church. I'm ready for him to move to one nap, but he is not. He does decent on Sundays, but every other day he falls asleep quickly for both naps. I guess for now I will wait for him to let me know when he's ready.


Levi hates wearing socks and shoes. I typically don't put them on him before we leave the house because I know they'll be off by the time we get wherever we're going. I save my time and put them on when we get there. He has started taking his socks off at bedtime too.


Books are a huge hit right now. His favorites are definitely Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and Mr. Wishy Washy, but he will often grab whatever he can find and climb in your lap.


Levi started pointing this month. If I ask him to show me something in a book he will usually use his whole hand, but when he's walking around he will point to things around him. He loves to point at the neighbor's dogs when we're outside. He's also getting very friendly and will wave and yell hi to people that we pass while we're out and about.


He started giving hugs this month, while really just means putting his head on your chest/shoulder while you're holding him. We see it as a display of affection, so we call it a hug. He also likes to pat my chest when I hold him. A couple of months ago I used to pat my chest with his hand and say "mama", hoping he would start to say it too. Now instead of saying it, that has almost become his sign for mama. I like to think that when he pats me that's his way of saying mama and showing affection.


Levi loves playing outside, which we've been doing a lot more of now that the weather is cooling off slightly. Our deck has two levels to it, separated by one step up. He has been able to climb up for a while now, and it took a while but he has finally figured out how to get down too. He loves playing in the sandbox, but doesn't love swinging anymore.



This is such a fun age! Levi still has a very spirited personality and can throw a great fit, but he is also so much fun.


0 comments: