Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Levi at 15 months



We see the doctor next week for his 15 month check-up, so I won't know his weight and height until then. He is now wearing 12-18 month clothes and they're not as big as I thought they would be, but he definitely has room to grow into them.We also have a few hand-me-down 12 month clothes that fit fine too.


Levi got his first haircut this month! His hair was getting so long that the curls no longer curled very cute and it just looked ratty most of the time. We took him to the lady that cuts my hair and she also gave Isaac his first haircut. Levi exceeded our expectations during the process. He sat very still (and confused) for the first half and his beloved crackers helped him get through the second half.


New words this month include hi, uh-oh, mama and dada (finally!), and I'm pretty sure he says hat (occasionally). He also says "row, row, row" when we sing "Row Row Row Your Boat" and my mom swears he said diaper several times one day for her but he has never said it for me. He has his own word for Elmo (his new favorite character), and will often say the same thing over and over while pointing at the tv. He gets his point across pretty well.


His favorite activity is sitting in someone's lap reading a book. Actually, he doesn't even want you to read, he just likes to look at the pictures and talk about them. And really, he would be happy to just sit in someone's lap all day.


Levi really enjoys rolling cars and tractors and making the engine noise as he pushes. It's one of the cutest things that he does right now!


We are working on transitioning to one nap per day. We've been working on it for about a couple of weeks now and he takes one nap most days, but will occasionally need 2 naps. It's hard to know, though, and sometimes he gets super cranky when it's too late for a morning nap but we still have a while before his one nap. Right now I'm putting him down around 11:45. Naps now range from 1.5-2.5 hours. It's a rough transition but I know he'll adjust eventually, hopefully soon. This has also moved bedtime up to 7:00 (or 6:45 on really bad days).


I remember this age being hard with Isaac because he would get very frustrated that he couldn't communicate with me and I didn't know what he wanted. That doesn't happen as often with Levi, but I am starting to see a little more of that.

I still very much love this age and seeing him grow and learn daily.

0 comments: