Monday, January 27, 2014

When I was a mommy

When Levi was born we started telling Isaac things like, "When you were a baby, you liked your pacifier too." "When you were a baby, you took a bath in this little bathtub too." "When Levi gets bigger, he might play with trains one day too."

His little 3-year-old mind must have gotten confused about the way time works (it's a hard concept), because he started saying some pretty funny things. "When Levi was a big boy like me, he used to play trains."

My favorites are definitely the ones about his 'former life'.

"When I was a mommy, I used to watch tv, too."

"When I was a mommy, I used to eat hamburgers, too."

Yesterday morning Rodney went to church before the rest of us. I drove separate with the boys a little later. On the way, Isaac talked about how daddy was going to big church to listen to Jesus. He thought for a minute, then said, "When I was a daddy, I used to drive cars and listen to Jesus, too."

0 comments: