Monday, January 20, 2014

Brothers


This picture completely melts my heart into a giant puddle of mush.

Almost 6 months later I'm still blown away at how much Isaac loves Levi. In fact, sometimes he loves him too much and I have to keep reminding him that Levi doesn't want Isaac in his face and touching all over him all the time. 

I got a glimpse into out future this weekend, though. We attended a birthday party for a one year old on Saturday. One of my friends had her 10-month-old son there and he was doing what a 10-month-old does, crawling around, pulling up on furniture, and putting random things on his mouth. At one point Isaac had built an airport runway with some interlocking pieces he had found and baby Ben came crawling over and tore a few pieces up. Isaac fussed a little and we helped him put it back together while joking about how that was his future. A few minutes later Isaac turned his back and this time Ben completely destroyed the pieces. Isaac lost it and broke into a sobbing mess. Instead of annoying him, it completely hurt his feelings. Isaac has a tender, sensitive heart that we will have to balance with learning how to deal with little brothers. 

Right now the good parts of having a baby brother outweigh the bad for him and I hope he will continue to love Levi for a long time.

He's still talking about the baby tearing up his pieces today ;)

0 comments: