I have 2 kids. It's still kind of unreal to me. To be fair, Isaac spent very little time at home from when we were released from the hospital on Thursday through Sunday. He spent Thursday night (the first night we were home) and Friday with Rodney's parents, just to let us adjust to being home. He was home with us Friday night, then back with R's parents Saturday and Saturday night for a special trip to the aquarium. He loves spending time with his grandparents and didn't seem to miss us too much at all, but I'm happy to have him home and back on his normal schedule (which pretty much got thrown out the window last week!). He's totally acting out and we're struggling, but surviving the best we can.
Let's talk about the first week with my new little boy. He's a sweetheart and loves to cuddle, especially after a good feeding. Isaac never actually nursed, so this is a whole new experience for me.
Levi is a little feistier than Isaac was (that I can remember). Isaac was so content to drink his bottle and be put down for a nice rest, but Levi wants to eat, look around for a few minutes, root around for a few minutes, fight the pacifier, fuss, and fight sleep. He loves to sleep in someone's arms. He likes to be swaddled, and it calms him down, but only after he fights to get his hands out first. He does not want his hands pinned down, which is funny because every single ultrasound we had we saw his hands up by his face. He gets very mad when he's getting his diaper or clothes changed.
![]() |
| LOVE our aden + anais muslin swaddle blankets, even if they don't keep his hands in |
My recovery has gone well. The first 2 days I was not doing well and didn't remember it being so difficult after Isaac. I have always heard that planned repeat c-sections are easier than laboring and then having a c-section, so I was shocked when it was not easier (in my experience). Since coming home I have been on minimal pain meds and I'm doing much better.
My mom is here with me this week which is awesome because Rodney got home late last night and will be home late again tonight. My mom is leaving this weekend so it's trial by fire next week. Pray for me!




0 comments:
Post a Comment