We moved into our house exactly 6 months ago. I started this post months ago with the intention of it being a 2 month update, but that obviously didn't happen. Six months felt like a good time to get my act together and finish it.
Here is our new green kitchen. The color we finally went with was Sherwin-Williams Great Green. You can read the story of painting the kitchen here. I'm still not totally in love with it like I thought I would be, but I'm fine with it.
Next, the bedroom. In the old house we were using my old headboard and dresser from college, Rodney's childhood dresser, and a rubbermaid drawer set for Rodney's nightstand. I always dreamed of bedroom furniture that matched. Two weeks before we moved we made a trip to Ikea for my beloved furniture. We knew we wanted dressers and nightstands from the Hemnes line, and when we got there the whole line was on sale, so we ended up buying the bed too.
We lived with horrible too short, not wide enough curtain in the bedroom for almost 4 months. They were the curtains from Isaac's old bedroom and we never intended to keep them around for that long. It took a while because I couldn't find the perfect curtains that I loved, so I finally just picked some. They're fine, and they fit the window much better. No picture, just imagine brown curtains that reach the floor and cover the whole width of the window.
I still need something over the bed and over the dressers, but that's really not on my radar right now.
Isaac's room looks similar to his old room, minus his favorite circles on the wall. I haven't done much with his room because I'm waiting until he goes to a big boy bed and I get to redecorate. His window needs some major help. We covered a piece of cardboard with a cheap black sheet and shoved it on the window, then covered the crack at the top with a blanket. It looks super tacky from the inside, but all you see from the outside is black. Again, this is a temporary solution and will change in a few months.
(Please overlook the horrible warm tone to these photos. That's what happens when there is no natural light and I'm too lazy/bad at photo editing to fix them.)
Since I started this post I have decided it was time to take his changing pad off the dresser. I never changed him up there any more and I just used it to collect items that I brought into the room and never put away.
Next we move to the living room, where we spend most of our time. Our old couch fits perfectly in here, except for the chaise, which has a new home upstairs in the bonus room.
You will always see random toys lying around. We keep most of them in the black storage ottoman in the picture below, but there are always big toys that don't fit.
The "dining room" is home to the desk, litter box, cat food bowls, and Isaac's new train table. We also have a bookshelf that needs to find a place in here, but that will happen one day.
Not pictured: the third bedroom (a giant mess right now), both bathrooms, and the laundry room. None of those are particular interesting right now, but I may do an update with those later.

















0 comments:
Post a Comment