A little over one year ago God began to orchestrate one of the most amazing friendships I have ever experienced. I met a girl at a new moms group that had just started, and we soon started hanging out once a week, and that quickly turned into several times a week and jokes from our husband if we didn't text or talk on any given day.
Aimee and I had both spent many years feeling very lonely without that special friend that just "gets" you. It was the Lord's timing that we met when we did. We met at a time that Aimee was feeling very anxious about motherhood. Her son Haddon is about 6 months younger than Isaac and I was able to give her advice on what worked for us on certain things and just talk her though some of her anxieties. She calls me her goat, because she once heard that if you put a goat with a race horse, particularly before a race, it will calm the horse.
Aimee needed me to calm her and listen to her, but I needed her for so many other reasons. I needed someone to open up to and confide in and be loyal to.
Aimee's husband was the youth pastor at our church, which made it a little scary to get close to her, because it's common knowledge that people in the ministry can get called away at any time. They don't typically stay in one place for too long. Sure enough, they have now been called to serve at another church in an amazing opportunity. They'll be moving about 2 hours away for 6 months, then a little further after that, I'm still not exactly sure. Two hours doesn't seem like far, and it's really not, but it's a big deal when you consider that Aimee is like my sister and we see each other more days than not per week. Isaac and Haddon love each other so much, and Isaac loves Aimee like a second mother.
Thank goodness for FaceTime!
The only 2 pictures of us that I have:
| at Isaac's birthday party |
0 comments:
Post a Comment