Tuesday, June 19, 2012

what we've been up to

The past few weeks have been busy, but nice too.

You might have noticed that I snuck some big news into last week's Project 365 post...we bought a house! We were under no pressure to move, just felt that the time was right, so we've been looking since October and have been able to be pretty picky. The right things finally fell into place and we were able to sign a contract on a great house last week. We're hoping to close around July 16 and I'm sure I'll have plenty more to share in the coming weeks.

It's kind of hard to pack a month ahead of time, but we've been trying to clean out and pack as we can. We worked on our spare room/workout room Sunday and made some good progress.

My camera was in my purse this weekend and somehow fell from the backseat of the car to the ground. The 18-55 mm kit lens was on it and is now dead. Thankfully the body of the camera seems to be unaffected, but we do need to do something about the lens. Of course this happened right before our house inspection where I planned on taking lots of pictures, so I had to improvise with my phone. They're not great, but at least I have something.

Our days have been busy with playdates with friends and mommy friends and we love it!

Next week is VBS at church, from 9-12 every morning. I'm teaching a 4-year-old class, so Isaac will be with the other teachers' kids since he's too young for a real class. He goes down for nap anywhere from 12-12:30, but I'm sure I won't leave church until close to 12:30 most days. It takes us 20-25 minutes to drive home, so I'm pretty sure he'll end up taking a tiny nap in the car every day and not sleep when we get home. And I have no idea where lunch will fit into our schedule. It will be interesting for sure, but I'm excited.

1 comments:

kari said...

Congrats on the house! Can't wait to see pictures!