Thursday, December 22, 2011

meeting Santa

Earlier this week my SIL sent me a picture of my niece and nephew sitting on Santa's lap. My 4-year-old nephew was sitting nicely and smiling, and my one-year-old niece was crying, reaching for her mom. I told D that I was 90% sure that's how Isaac would react when we took him to see Santa. She laughed and said he may not, that they always thought my nephew would cry and he never did. I replied that I left the 10% open on purpose because I know Isaac is capable of surprising me, no matter how well I think I know him.

Today was the big day. After Isaac's morning nap I got him dressed, combed his hair, and we set out to meet Rodney at the mall. It couldn't have gone any better. There was no one there when we arrived, and that allowed us to spend lots of time talking to and playing with Santa. He showed Isaac the Christmas tree, the stockings on the mantel, and then Isaac enjoyed touching the fur on his jacket. He was fine doing all of this safely in Rodney's arms, and I got nervous when the hand-off took place. Isaac clung to Rodney for a minute, then let go and was fine in Santa's lap.


I was so proud of him. Today Isaac was the 10%.

Here is a look back at last year's picture, since I don't think I ever shared it.



1 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh!! Look at the difference a year makes! Too cute; he looks like such a big boy now!